This blog is about me, a blue chicken, and a hook. Sounds almost like a pirate movie huh? My blue chicken is actually a blue and gold macaw parrot. *Her real name is Windancer, but I like blue chicken better. The hook I speak of is not a pirate’s claw or even a fishing hook, it’s a crochet hook. I love to crochet and have been doing it for many years. So welcome to my little adventure, I hope you enjoy reading my stories as much as I enjoy telling them.
A little bit about me personally:
- I have 3 children (ages 11-24, 2 boys and a girl)
- I live with the man of my dreams
- We also have a Chihuahua
- I also have 2 granddaughter’s that I love to make things for
- I have a Bachelor of Science in Business degree, major in Accounting
- It took me 8 years to receive said degree listed above
- I am very close to my parents and children
- I didn’t like birds until a couple years ago
- I have been crocheting since I was a child
*My description of my blue chicken has been updated as of 2/16 because “he” started laying eggs in January 2016. Talk about a huge surprise! My boyfriend has owned this bird for about 7 years now and she had never laid before now. She bonded to me about a year and half ago and I told him she must of done it for me. HA..he is jealous now that “his” bird loves me and not him. So far she has laid 3 eggs all within a month and a half.